Monday, June 7, 2010

HOPING...

IVF round one was successful, but hopefully there are some things that will go a little differently this time.  Last time my body overstimulated, and made too many follicles.  Each follicle theoretically will develop a single egg, but actually the number usually comes out to about 70 percent of the follicles will develop an egg.  Only about 50 percent of mine developed an egg, and only 1/2 of those were mature.

At the end of my cycle, I had WAY too much estrogen to go ahead with the egg transfer so they froze the embryos that were good, and we didn't have very many viable embryos.  This time... we are hoping that it will go a little differently, and my body will be able to respond well to the medication, and the medical team will know how to change my medication to make it more effective.

The doctor has decided to initially keep my medications exactly the same, except I will give myself injections at night instead of the morning, and I will have a longer course of Birth Control Pills to suppress my ovaries.  My medication course will start with
  • 150 IU injection Follistim  PM
  • 150 IU injection Menopur  PM
  • Prenatal Vitamin
We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com